Monday, August 22, 2011

Family Camping

Two weekends ago we ventured out on our first family camping trip. All things considered it went pretty well. The boys took to the woods like fish to water so I see many father/son trips in their future. The girls weren't so amused by the cold and we were constantly having to layer them. I got sick during the trip, so much of the weekend is a blur to me. My SIL Emily came along and was a huge help to Kyle with the kids, as I pretty much just focused on K and slept. Considering though that we didn't get rained out, no one else got sick or injured, and they all want to do it again; I would say that it was a successful trip!

Me loving on a friend's little girl.

Kyle preparing to roast marshmallows while Emily holds a bundled K.

Miss A checking things out.

My handsome and very capable husband. I did very little on this trip.

Emily carried K in the Beco for our little day hike. I love having a "nanny"!

It was an improved campground, so the kids brought their bikes to ride.

D playing ladder golf.

Campfire singalong.

Mama and J on the hiking trail.

Having a snack on the bridge.

Kyle doing his best "Sherlock Holmes" impersonation

The kids up early for breakfast.

1 comment:

Tefa said...

Kyle's blue pipe cracks me up!