Monday, April 18, 2011

New season

I am ready for a new season on so many different levels. I am ready for spring and summer, where grass is green, flowers bloom, trees provide leafy shade, gardens grow,  and I can send my kids to play outside all day long. I am also ready to be done with pregnancies. I am very grateful that I've had four relatively easy, problem free pregnancies and have never experienced a miscarriage, but I am ready to move on. I want to have energy to play with my kids and think of creative ways to engage them in what God is doing in and around us. I'm tired of just being grateful to get the "bare necessities" of life done. I realized recently that I've taken only 2-3 pictures of my kids since Christmas. When my focus becomes so much about just surviving the day, I fail to notice and appreciate all the little beauty around me. It really does grieve my spirit and yet it's so hard to combat when all I want to do is sleep. :( I look forward to enjoying my four children in each of their stages of life and feeling good enough to appreciate them. Again I thank God for this season of new life and am now ready to just enjoy those lives He's given me.

2 comments:

melissa said...

Very well said, Terra. I have been struggling with knowing God's will for our family lately. On the one hand I feel just like you do in a big way. On the other, I almost feel like I could have another little one. I am praying God just gives me peace about being done if that is His will for me. And also makes it abundantly clear if He wants us to have another.
Reading your thoughts on being done certainly gives me food for thought. Thanks.

Mandi said...

I enjoy reading your musings, and can always relate. I never know what to say in a reply, 'cause you said it best. :)